Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Poem: I Praise Thee for Life

As a break from the "It" List, and to relieve my guilty conscience from not posting for so long, I would like to present a poem I wrote two years ago. I hope it edifies! :)

I actually wrote this as a birthday gift for a friend. :D


I Praise Thee for Life

Oh God, I thank Thee for each lovely day and new
For the rising sun and the iridescent dew
For all the daffodils that gently nod their heads
And little ants who scatter in the flower beds
I thank thee for sounds of lilting music so fine
It calms my doubtful fears and warms this heart of mine
I thank thee, Father, for the blessing of Thy Love
That You so mercifully shower from above
I thank thee for the treasure of Thy Holy Word
I know that when I pray, my every prayer is heard
I thank thee for a family who loves me so
For Thy church You gave to help your seeds as they grow
For faithful friends so different from each other
For the Gospel we can preach to unbelievers
For Thee, the Truest and most Faithful Friend of all
Who saves me from sin and catches me when I fall
Oh God, I thank Thee for that day when at last You
Shall come, the Risen Son, to claim Thy chosen few
When all men, like the daffodils, shall bow their heads
Earth shall loose her captives, and sea give up her dead
Then we shall sing to Thee in choruses sublime
No more shall be Sin and Death, destroyed shall be Time
We'll dwell forever in the brightness of Thy Love
Praising with the Hosts in Thy Temple up above
For now, we will pray to Thee and work to obey
Be a candle to ones unsure of the way
Maybe ninety years or before the setting sun-
But God, Bless us Thy children, and Come, quickly come!


Karis
May 11, 2010
© Karis Tanksley 2010

Grace and Peace!
Until we write again,
<3Karis


4 comments:

  1. U never let me read this! This is amazing! I love it. Good job my precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably just forgot. I gave my friend this for her birthday; at the time, what I gave her was my only written copy. I just forgot to print off any other and so it stayed hidden in my computer files forever. He! Typical. I'm so glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. It's beautifully written. So clever too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments always bring a smile! ;) I tried to make it nice... it's as good as my little human hands can do at praising such a Beautiful and Clever Creator! And speaking of compliments, back at you! Your posts and creations are so precisely and imaginatively laid out, they remind me of the Great Designer, Who made such pretty things for us to fancy up! Keep being imaginative! <3

      Delete